IT Helper is the new ‘kid’ on the block for friendly, mobile computer servicing in Greymouth. I’m just getting started at present and am in the process of sorting out my equipment and stock and website etc, and am quietly picking up the odd customer here and there through word of mouth. This suits me, as I don’t want to be rushed off my feet before all systems are go!
Through this part-time business, I’m aiming to provide a convenient, friendly, mobile service for Greymouth people who need a bit of a hand with their computer, or perhaps more general IT advice or tuition. Services offered include such things as:
- a tune-up for your pc
- transferring your software and settings to your new pc or tablet
- help with setting up google or microsoft acccounts and apps etc
- diagnosing and solving software or hardware problems
- basic skills training to help you find your way around your computer, or particular software
- advice on computer purhasing decisions etc
- even re-tuning your TV receiver for the latest freeview channels etc
It can be hard to decide what to buy these days. A brand new laptop might not be any more powerful than a three year old one etc! I’m happy to assist you with independent advice on a good device to buy, and good software to download or purchase too. Spending a little on some independent advice up-front, might potentially save you a lot of heart-ache, and potentially, a lot of money.
In coming weeks, I’ll be establishing a regular blog post and a subscription e-mail newsletter that will provide regular free and helpful computer and IT tips. (Watch out for a “Newsletter” tab appearing on my website. You will be able to subscribe to it there.)
So… If you have just discovered this post, please don’t rush off and tell all your friends…. or I’ll get busy too quickly! Oh… OK.. You can tell ONE friend if you like!
Russell Nimmo (IT Helper)