1) Best Centralised Cryptocurrency Exchanges
Binance – This is the Number 1 cryptocurrency exchange in the world in terms of quality, liquidity, and variety & quality of cryptocurrency offerings. There are a great variety of Alt-coins available at Binance. Please use my referral link below to sign up to Binance. Use the referral link below to save 10% on your fees. Sign up to Binance Exchange
FTX – The Number 2 centralised cryptocurrency exchange in the world. A great exchange that is expanding rapidly and also allows you to exchange stocks. Use the sign-up link below to save 5% on trading fees. Sign up to ftx.com
KuCoin – KuCoin claims that 1 in 4 Crypto Holders trade with them. They have an incredible range of alt-coins and offer margin trading etc. (Note: Avoid margin trading – It is very high risk!) Sign up to Kucoin
2) Best place to buy and sell cryptocurrency in New Zealand – Easy Crypto – This has become my ‘go-to’ place to purchase cryptocurrency. Sign up and get verified at Easy Crypto and you will be to make crypto purchases and have them transferred to your wallet within minutes. Easy Crypto have a great range of cryptocurrencies available and the number is rapidly increasing. Fees seem to be very reasonable too. Sign up at Easy Crypto
3) Cryptocurrency Tax Reporting – Need to report your cryptocurrency profits/losses for your New Zealand tax return? It doesn’t have to be a nightmare. A highly rated solution is Cointracking.info which offers a very comprehensive service. It links directly to your various exchanges to obtain your trading records. It also deals with airdrops etc. If you use the above link you will save 20% on the fee. I couldn’t prepare my taxes without it!
4) Safest place to store your cryptocurrency – The Ledger Nano-X is the most recommended hardware wallet to store your cryptocurrency safely, with no hacking risk. Only you have access to your keys, and if you lose it, you can still get access to your cryptocurrency via a new Ledger device so long as you have kept your recovery phrase safe. Only buy your ledger directly from the manufacturers website. Ledger website.
5) Earn interest on, or borrow against Crypto – Two options (I have used both) for earning interest on your Cryptocurrency or for borrowing against your cryptocurrency include:
Celsius Network – Celsius is my first choice for earning great interest on your cryptocurrency. They were the first company to offer interest on crypto and I think they are still the best. You can buy, hold, deposit coins to earn interest that is paid out every Monday. You can also borrow against your crypto at incredibly low interest rates… way cheaper than banks. Credit and debit cards will soon be available also. Note: Celsius charge no fees for their services or withdrawals etc. I know it sounds too good to be true… but it isn’t! I have been using them for two years now. Sign up from the link to the left to receive US$50 worth of free crypto! (After depositing and holding US$200 deposit)
Blockfi – A Wealth Management platform. Loan against or earn interest with your Cryptocurrency. You and I will each get $10 in bitcoin added to your BlockFi Account when you sign up and fund your account with US$100 or more using the link to the left. You must hold these funds for 30 days before being eligible for the bonus payment. (Use the link to the left.)
6) Crypto Education
CryptoCrew University – Learn to trade Cryptocurrency. (Steve’s classes – which consist of a series of videos, may seem expensive, but I have found them invaluable for learning to trade successfully and I’m sure that I would only have lost money without them.) I suggest that you first subscribe to the CryptoCrew University youtube channel to see how you like Steve’s presentation style etc. Free weekly videos teach a great deal, but don’t provide the clarity of the classes for learning to trade successfully. (You may also get a little tired of the self promotion… but personally, I try to listen to them each week.)
Here are some software recommendations that I have for you. (Note: I will only recommend software that I personally use, or have tried and have found to be useful.)
Best Office Suites:
To me, compatibility with Microsoft Office is a MUST.
WPS Office Premium – For most home users, this is the best “Clone” of Office 365. It looks and behaves almost identically. It includes writer (a Word Clone), spreadsheets (Excel clone), presentation (Powerpoint clone), PDF editing and Cloud storage. There are lots of PDF editing capabilities built in and you will get 20GB of cloud storage.
You can run WPS Office on Windows, Android and iOS and your single subscription licence can be used on up to 9 connected devices (3 PCs, 6 Mobile).
For more information you should take a look at the website. You can download a free version (with fewer features and advertisements) to check it out first if you like. Visit the website to do this… but don’t forget to come back and use my discount link when you choose to purchase a one year subscription! For information
Get the premium version (add-free and extended functionality & cloud storage) for around just $35 (NZ) per year if you use the link provided: Purchase WPS Office Premium at 40% discounted price!
I can also supply discount links for other versions of WPS Office if you need them – just ask!
Free Office suites that shouldn’t be overlooked include:
Libre Office – Another very compatible office suite, but not a look-alike (and behave alike) of Microsoft Office. Download Libre Office
Google Docs – An excellent cloud-based choice (With apps that may be downloaded for offline use too.) Another very compatible office suite, but not a look-alike (and behave alike) of Microsoft Office. Google Docs
Reliable Antivirus & Tune-up service:
Windows 10 is pretty safe if you are a careful internet user. But if you require greater protection (and it is wise) then you could check out some of these:
Kaspersky Security Cloud – The best free antivirus that I can suggest at this time (That doesn’t nag too often to get you to pay and upgrade your protection) is Kaspersky Security Cloud. Kaspersky Security Cloud
Combo Anti-virus and tune-up utility:
Advanced Systemcare Ultimate offers great value in my opinion. It combines Bitdefender antivirus and some very advanced ‘tuning’ to get Windows cleaned up and running really fast. (Retail price is approximately NZ$ 53 for a one year subscription for up to 3 PCs)
Special! – Enter the Discount Code FB6BED5B86 when ordering to receive a 25% discount on Advanced SystemCare Ultimate. This will reduce the price to around NZ$53.00! (The subscription covers up to 3 PCs) Advanced SystemCare Ultimate 12 with Gift Pack